Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Buying second-hand PVCu french doors

wrote:
I wouldn't pay anything for them if I were you. Getting rid of old
plastic windows etc is a problem as nobody usually wants them - not
least because they are crap to start with and 2nd hand they are going
to be crappier and a problem to fit. Really they should pay you for
taking them away.

These have only been used internally (I know how owd would interpret
that -
stuck it up their a...).
And if I can get pretty much what I would be paying 500 quid for, for
150 quid, seems OK to me. They look identical to the present screw-fix
offerings and are exactly the same size I need.
In the perfect world I would have oak, but its not and I can't.

Occasionally this can work: I'll give you 150 if the BCO passes them.
If not, you'll get them returned, no charge. If they know theres no
other buyer, and know who you are, they often say mumble mumble, well
ok then.

NT