Posted to alt.home.repair
old_Boat

Default Bathtub refinish

wrote in message
oups.com...

James B wrote:
are any of the home user products any good?

I bought the same 2 part epoxy finish at Lowes. Worked out rather well.
finished out well enough to wax and shined like a new car. I don't know
how long it lasted, but it was the hardest finish I've ever seen. I
shot it on with a spray gun. I left the compressor outside and ran a
long hose into the house. Make sure your bathroom is well ventilated. I
used a box fan in the door-way and a full-face respirator mask. I got
paid well for my effort :-)

Tom in KY, If you're looking for a temporary fix, this is pretty good.

I agree if I had to do it again I would consider spraying it. I think it is
all in the prep as my finish is very hard too, just did not bond well to the
tub.

LJ