Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Don Ocean

Default Amana and Bryant's top of the line heatpumps?

Kathy wrote:
"whatsinaname" wrote in message

It makes sense, but dont tell me you dont see

that many of the same brand

units, even the ones I sell, hitting their age

now, and showing it.

Builders grade York units are dropping like flies
in the condos around here.

Builder grade anything is short lifespanned and a lot of the time are
undernourished to begin with. If your building a new house.. Don't let
your general contractor select the HVAC contractor or the the equipment.
Most HVAC Contractors that follow tract housing put in **** and are
underaid and seldom are there for you when the equipment takes a ****.
I can't begin to tell you how many warranty issues I have had to resolve
for these assholes that install and run. Someone mentioned Rheem in
another post. I ran into a sour newer unit of Rheem. Rheem asked me what
I would suggest.. I suggested a complete replacement and that Rheem pay
me my normal install fee. They promptly did just that! So I guess their
warranty program is Good. Customer is happy and I got paid standard
contract price. Customer told me that Original installer charged
a lot less and didn't bother with an inspection sticker. Cheaper is not
necessarily best./