Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charon

Default Retrace lines appared after arcing

I have an older crt projection big screen and I now have retrace lines
that appeared after turnning the set on a few times and hearing a arc
immediatly when turnning on. I waited too long to fix the arc and it
has affected something else.

The arcing was comming from the Red CRT from under the node and arcing
to the chassis, I have since fixed this but have been unable to track
down what is causing the retrace lines. The B+ voltage appears correct
but I do not have an oscilloscope to test ripple in any of the parts.
Any one know what the arcing may have effected ? The blanking circut or
perhaps from the flyback backwards ?