Ernie Leimkuhler

Default Earnie - can you tell me about saw blade again?

In article , James Lerch
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 04:28:40 GMT, Ernie Leimkuhler
wrote:

There are 3 blades available at this time.

Morse Metal-devil.
Tenryu Steel-Pro
Matsu****a Steel cutter.

The Tenryu is the most common, and can be mail-orderd from

www.mytoolstore.com/

The Morse Metal-Devil is available many places.
Do a google search.

Ernie and all,

Any chance these type of blades would cut 1/2 thick sheet steel?

I'm building an odd Box (26*26*11) out of 1/2 sheet steel, Its mostly
welded together, but 2 of the 4 side walls I inadvertantly "Cut on the
wrong side of the line" with the cuttin torch, and there a little
tall.

Hand Grinding doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but running a skill saw
down the two sides sounds simple enough!

Yes the blades will cut 1/2" plate.
I have done it, but only with a worm drive saw.
Just don't get in a hurry, and don't cut too close to the edge that you
flame cut.
Flame cutting creates an extremely hard edge, that is very unkind to
cutting tools and shears.