David Heidary

Default Boring or Drilling Hard Jaws

I have a 4" 3-jaw chuck model 270-4072 from Enco. Their ad on page 158
of the catalog says that it has semi steel body and one piece hard
solid reversible jaws. This is a Chinese made chuck and came with two
sets of jaws.
I would like to add soft pads of UHMV or another soft material to the
jaws for gripping and not marring wood. I was thinking of drilling and
tapping the inside jaws to secure the pads with 2 screws to each jaw.
My questions:

1) Can these jaws be drilled and tapped? And if so, what kind of
drill/Tap should I use?
2{Can I bore the inside of the jaws with a carbide tipped boring bar?

Regards,

David Heidary