Posted to alt.home.repair
old_Boat

Default Bathtub refinish

"James B" wrote in message
My mom has an older house with a cast iron bathtub that is showing it's
age. I know there are commercial refinishers that can do the job but are
any of the home user products any good? Even if we got 5 years out of it
that would be better than what she has now and a bathroom refit is not
going to happen anytime soon.

thanks

I did my bathtub about 5 years ago with the 2 part epoxy that is sold at
Lowes and HD. It lasted about 4 years before it started peeling off again. I
am going to try to have it redone by a company called the miraclemethod. We
will see how long it lasts this time. They told me typically 10 - 15 years
with this method.

http://www.miraclemethod.com/index.htm

LJ