Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Dr. Hardcrab

Default Amana and Bryant's top of the line heatpumps?

"whatsinaname" wrote in message

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message
Come on. Rheems aren't that bad! I put one in my old house in '92 and it
hasn't missed a lick yet.

I think this whole thing with "brand hatred" boils down to what everyone
has been saying here for years: It's not the brand, it's the installer:
Here me out now:

It boils down to WHO is installing a certain brand. For example: We had a
local company run by a low-life druggy (I know. I went to school with
him). He worked for a local company and was worthless. Always showed up
late. Never could find him when they needed him. They got rid of him. He
tried a couple more companies and he never lasted more that 6 months or
so. Well, daddy had money, so daddy gave him enough to buy a company that
was going out of business. Somehow he became a York dealer. Well, he
hired a bunch of his druggy friends (most rejects from other companies)
and somehow he managed to stay in business for about 3 years. Put in a
lot of equipment........****-poorly. They just shut down one day and flew
the coop. Left a lot of people with warranty work and maintenance
contract unfullfilled. That's when we started getting calls to fix their
f*ckups.
The point I'm trying to make is: Most York units I have worked on were
ones this guy installed. Installed WRONG!! So, naturally I got an
attitude about York products. They are all CRAP!!! But they probably
aren't! It's just that all the ones I had to work on WERE.
Same goes with every other brand out there. Even (god help me) Goodmans!
If all you see is one brand that a certain lame-ass company in your area
installed, you probably are under the impression that all their products
a sh*t! True, there are a lot of units out there that ARE cheaply made
and look like they'd fall apart if you sneeze (How 'bout them
Ducanes??!!!....;-]), but every brand has a "low end line" (or builders
grade if you want to call them that).

Does that make sense? I know I'm rambling. I'll shut up now....

;-]

It makes sense, but dont tell me you dont see that many of the same brand
units, even the ones I sell, hitting their age now, and showing it.

Huh? I'm not sure what you mean....