Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TV/VCR Combo and DVD... help!

floss wrote:
Hello everybody. I have a problem connecting my TV/VCR combo to my new
DVD recorder.
Basically I have my combo TV and a freeview box which I'd like to
connect to the DVD recorder. My TV is 8-9 years old and simply has one
scart socket and one other plug... maybe an RF port?? (sorry if I sound
like a dumb blonde). It has no Red/Green/Blue or Red/White/Yellow
ports.
I cant get any picture or sound on the DVD recorder whichever way
around I arrange my scart leads. I even bought an automatic scart box
to switch between devices but this didnt help. I'm reluctant to buy a
new TV because this one works otherwise perfectly. Is there a way round
the problem?
I heard vaguely of an RF modulator to get around the problem... however
I have been trying for a week to order / buy one - unsuccessfully!!!
If anyone knows of a way around the problem I would be very pleased to
hear from you. I'm getting disheartened!!

Thanks in advance.

Try this:
1.connect the aerial to the freeview box.
2. connect the freeview box via scart to the dvd recorder. This will
allow you to record in better quality from freeview - just select the
dvd's 'AV' /'ext' input.
3. connect an rf cable from the freeview's output to the dvd aerial
input.(this will allow you to record from normal analogue tv channels).

4. connect another rf cable from the dvd 's RFoutput to the aerial
socket on the combo.

5. Finally, tune the combo Tv in to the dvd recorder. (before starting
the tuning process, play a disc you know well so you know when you find
the signal from the dvd unit) .
hope this helps, B.