Nicholas Carter

Default OT= Slouching Toward Servitude

Exactly, we are all from immigrant stock, even my relatives who came
over in the 1600's. Frankly I'd rather have new citizens who were
willing to leave wherever they are from and come to the US, work hard,
etc.
I often suggest (tongue in cheek) that for every illegal immigrant who
braves the crossing we should deport some lazy white trash on welfare
to cuba, mexico or haiti.
The reason the republicans are courting the hispanic/latino vote is
because the majority are conservative, not communists.

As for language, don't get me started - for those of us who have
anglo-quebeckers in our family we know the hardship and discrimination
you bear when official language laws are adopted.

Nick, only two OT posts this year so far!
On 25 Aug 2003 18:24:00 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

Every immigrant population has to contend with the
'they're gonna overrun us!' hypothosis.

Hence the "no irish need apply" signs that were
popular for quite some time.

Jim