Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor

Default An inspiration...

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 02:44:54 +0000, (DoN.
Nichols) wrote:

According to Martin H. Eastburn :
That might be LN2 Liquid Nitrogen Gas - or even Argon - but a big user uses it up.
Those big dewars are full of this or that in Semi houses.

I've experienced them with LN where I used to work.

However, this one had a visible "Argon" label -- clear in the
photograph.

Good Luck,
DoN.

We had one (argon) that was about 6' in dia., outside on 4 legs
anchored to the slab. We used it for the controlled atmosphere on the
experimental reactor we ran at 2000 - 2100 deg C to make magnesium gas
via reduction of MgO with Al. That process never got past the
research stage. We were working on a falling film direct condensation
unit when I left for another project.

Pete Keillor