Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Marc

Default "good" propane/mapp torch

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

wrote:
Thanks for all the answers. I think I'd like to go with the turbo
torch in propane. Does anyone know of a good source for used ones?
Anyone have one they'd be willing to part with?

They're plenty of them on eBay. Right now there's only new ones, but
used ones show up from time to time:

http://tinyurl.com/asm4j

If you can wait, eBay might be the answer. It took maybe a year of
on-and-off watching, but I got a TurboTorch off of eBay for less than $50,
including shipping. It was the style similar to this:
http://tinyurl.com/89hgy except mine was used and had the T-5 propane tip.
It works like a charm on light brazing and steel bending. I can heat a
small section 3/8" steel rod inabout 1/2 a minute.

And I have a 5-lb tank I got for camping. This makes the whole rig pretty
easy to tote around for plumbing jobs.

--
--Marc