Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia

Default "good" propane/mapp torch

wrote:
Thanks for all the answers. I think I'd like to go with the turbo
torch in propane. Does anyone know of a good source for used ones?
Anyone have one they'd be willing to part with?

They're plenty of them on eBay. Right now there's only new ones, but
used ones show up from time to time:

http://tinyurl.com/asm4j

I use one of those with the stove adaptor hose Gerry described. It's
plenty good enough for all my small brazing and silver soldering jobs,
and I can screw it onto a small tank of Mapp gas if I need a bit higher
temperature flame.

The easy on-off feature of those torches helps keep you from wasting gas.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)