Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Hot Water Heater, leaky pressure relief valve.

I just replaced my own 50 Gal Gas hot water heater,
Just a word to anyone else who tries it themselves.
remember to get the little riser inlet pipes (they weren't on the
original heater, but required to make the new one work). and the
flexible copper tubes to adapt to the new system. (had to make a
special trip).
Also the pressure valve leaked dripping every 5 seconds when I
pressured the system up, The web sites make it sound normal but I know
better.
Nothing I could do would fix it until I replaced it with another new
one, Just be aware that New doesn't mean it works.

crzzy1