Posted to alt.home.repair
Steven

Default Ceiling Sprinkler System Cover Plates repair/replace

Hi,

Recently I was painting the ceiling of my new house and ran into a
mystery white circle on the ceiling of my room. I pulled the thing off
to be able to paint the ceiling easier and discovered it was a
sprinkler system cover (surprise surprise).

Now I am in the unfortunate position (having done some research) that
the cover was apparently attached through some sort of solder/glue, and
I cannot figure out how to reattach it.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do in this situation? Can I reattach
it somehow? Do I need to have someone come out to replace more than
just the cover?

I wish the thing had been labelled in the first place

Thanks
Steven