Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Default Painting doors & Floetrol

Art wrote:
By the way a great way to paint doors is to take them off, put 2 nails in
the top and bottom and lay it across 2 saw horses using the nails for
support. You can do all your painting without dry time.

"Jean" wrote in message

I'm refinishing all the woodwork in my home because the original oil-based
paint has yellowed and darkened. I'm going to use a satin latex paint.
I've read that adding Floetrol to the paint will help it level out so as
to avoid brush marks. Has anyone actually tried this and been successful?
If so, what mixture ratio did you use?

Thanks,

Jean

You still have dry time if you have 7 doors and
only two saw horses.