tarquinlinbin

Default Connecting Delinghi Gas Cooker to flexible (threaded) hose connector

On 27 Aug 2003 03:57:03 -0700, (Ghazali)
wrote:

tarquinlinbin wrote in message . ..
On 26 Aug 2003 07:55:47 -0700,
(Ghazali)
wrote:

Can anyone help.
I recently purchased a second hand Delonghi gas cooker (Don't have
model name) but is not more than 3 years old.

It would appear that you are not competent to do this job.

How can you conclude that?

Why does one need to know the name of the cooker to be competent for
the job.
If you asked a plumber to fit a gas cooker for you - do you think you
would need to tell him the exact make and model of the cooker before
he came round? Do you not think he would be competent enough to know
how to fit a cooker - regardless of its make and model.

Oh and BTW - Thanks for all your help!!!!
(But perhaps in future you could stick to answering my questions
rather than making useless comments!!)

There is no need to get shirty. I was not making a personal assault on
your good self and my comment is entirely valid IMHO.

As Clint Eastwood said (In Dirty Harry) "A man needs to know his
limitations".

There is no big issue with this,I have worked in the gas industry for
25 years and have had experience of varying degrees on equipment
ranging from domestic cookers to National Grid transmission systems
up to 30 Bar. Still I know my limitations in the field of Gas
engineering and If i dont know or am unsure,I leave it to someone else
who does know. The law requires it AND it is a safe and professional
way in which to conduct myself.

Back to your position. Clearly it appears that you do not have
sufficient experience of identifying commonly used fittings for
domestic installations. It would therefore seems prudent,in the
interests of your safety and that of others,that you engage someone
who is fully conversant with such matters,can demonstrate competency
and complete the job safely and to the required standard.

Its not a big issue. For example, I know Jack Sh** about Bosch
Mono-motronic fuel injection systems. My car has one,it has a
fault(just developed this week) ,i havent a clue therefore I pass it
to the expert at a suitably equipped dealership. I don;t get all upset
about it,I recognise my limitations.