Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Default Painting doors & Floetrol

"Jean" wrote in message
I'm refinishing all the woodwork in my home because the original oil-based
paint has yellowed and darkened. I'm going to use a satin latex paint.
I've read that adding Floetrol to the paint will help it level out so as
to avoid brush marks. Has anyone actually tried this and been successful?
If so, what mixture ratio did you use?

Thanks,

Jean

I use it and love it. Follow directions, and tweak from there. You just
have to fiddle with it until you get it right. I find that I use a little
more than suggested. It works great, for me, anyway, and reduces brush
marks and roller stipple. Be careful, because you will tend to put too much
paint on with the flatter appearance.

Don't thin the whole gallon. Just what you want to use. That way, if you
get it too thin, you can add some of the thick undiluted paint to bring it
back up. If you thin the whole gallon, and overthin, you won't be able to
do that.

Steve