Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default Small Kiln for Turning Blanks ACTUALLY ON TOPIC

"Derek Andrews" wrote in message
Tom Nie wrote:
Derek,
When the dehumidifier is enclosed the heat it generates as a part of the
dehumidification process is recirculated. That might answer one of your
thoughts. Remember, only the drain hose and power cord are outside.

That will work fine in a small space, but may not be the most efficient
way of providing heat.

Sort of neat, if you think of it. The heat is produced as a by-product of
the refrigeration system which cools the air enclosed in the same box to
condense the moisture . I think I'd plumb things differently.

Perhaps that's why the commercial folks exhaust the wet air, replacing with
the dryer outside air which, as we know, is free. If they warm the outside
air on its way in, they lower its RH to speed drying, and the AH to allow
more moisture to be carried away.