Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Greg Lyman

Default Small Kiln for Turning Blanks

Many thanks to those of you who responded on topic. I am continuing to
explore design and operating options including time, temperature, relative
humidity, and pressure (absolute). We'll see what develops from the
research. Ultimately the design will be simple and operating conditions
controlled automatically. I may not get around to building it until this
summer, but I will post results once it is out of the prototype stage. In
time, I will also try to develop some useful correlations for a few woods
other than English Walnut and Black Walnut burl - the majority of the green
wood I use.

Greg

"Greg Lyman" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone have experience in building and operating a small kiln for drying
say 20 to 50 turning blanks at a time. I am primarily interested in
construction materials and operating information - not how kiln versus air
drying affects properties of the wood. Primary wood I am interested in
drying is English Walnut. Thanks!

Greg