Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

Default Help with removing bow

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a piece of slightly figured maple measuring 23 x 6 x 3/4 that I
wetted and planed last night. However it appears to have dried with a
slight (somewhere between 1/32 and 1/64) bow in it (maybe it wasn't
planed completely flat either, but it sure looked that way last night).
I'd really like it to lay flat w/o going through the whole process
again; there is some thickness to spare but I don't want to risk it
bowing again/more. Is it realistic to think that if 1/8 shims were
placed under the outsides of the board then weighted for a few days
that the bow could be negated?

Thanks

Brian Sheeres

Re-saw it to 1/4" book match it then laminate it to a strong substrate.
Dave