Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody

Default Help with removing bow

wrote:
It's figured wood and my straight knife jointer and planer were
creating considerable tear-out on the dry wood dispite taking even the
thinnest passes. I read a few posts on this NG about wetting the board
to soften the grain. It worked really well too; zero tear-out and only
a little, what I guess you'd call, scuffing of the grain, nothing a
scraper can't fix.

Well, now I've learned something, which I'm still not too old to do.
It all makes perfect sense, I just wouldn't have thought of it. I'm so
anal about rust that it wouldn't have occurred to me to put wet wood
through my jointer or planer. But I can see where I could take
precautions to prevent any rust damage and get better results on my
wood in some cases.

DonkeyHody
"Every man is my superior in that I can learn from him." - Thomas
Carlyle