Gunner

Default OT= Slouching Toward Servitude

On 25 Aug 2003 18:24:00 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Jon Elson says...

... and then they will
violently overthrow
the rest of the population and governments, and secede from the US and
rejoin Mexico.

Never happen. Gunner'll be there, heavily armed, and
put down the insurrection!

Every immigrant population has to contend with the
'they're gonna overrun us!' hypothosis.

Hence the "no irish need apply" signs that were
popular for quite some time.

Jim

The Irish were legal, and they didnt have any intent on annexing any
part of the US back to Erie.

Do a web search on the Aztlan movement. Some scarey stuff.

Gunner

================================================= =
please reply to:
================================================= =

"The people who believe that, as a result of industrial development,
life is about to become a hell, or may be one already, are guilty,
at least, of sloppy pronouncements.
On page 8 of Earth in the Balance, Al Gore claims that his study
of the arms race gave him "a deeper appreciation for the most
horrifying fact in all our lives: civilization is now capable
of destroying itself."
In the first place, the most horrifying fact in many of our lives is that
our ex-spouse has gotten ahold of our ATM card.
And civilization has always been able to destroy itself. The Greeks of ancient Athens,
who had a civilization remarkable for lack of technological progress
during its period of greatest knowledge and power, managed to destroy themselves just fine." -- P.J. O'Rourke, All the trouble in the world. The lighter side of famine, pestilence, destruction and death.