Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody

Default Help with removing bow

wrote:
I have a piece of slightly figured maple measuring 23 x 6 x 3/4 that I
wetted and planed last night. However it appears to have dried with a
slight (somewhere between 1/32 and 1/64) bow in it (maybe it wasn't
planed completely flat either, but it sure looked that way last night).
I'd really like it to lay flat w/o going through the whole process
again; there is some thickness to spare but I don't want to risk it
bowing again/more. Is it realistic to think that if 1/8 shims were
placed under the outsides of the board then weighted for a few days
that the bow could be negated?

If it was only last night that the piece was wet, wait a few days
before you do anything else to it. The moisture content needs to
equalize throughout the board, and that takes time. If it was straight
before wetting, it should return to that condition when it has
thoroughly dried and equalized.

Why'd you wet it?

DonkeyHody
"Every man is my superior in that I can learn from him." - Thomas
Carlyle