Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison

Default PDF copy protected files - how to convert to txt

On 9 Jan 2006 16:34:09 -0800, in uk.d-i-y "Weatherlawyer"
wrote:

Phil Addison wrote:

I have some pdf files that I want to pull into excel but they have the
copy feature disabled so all I can do is save or print them.

Use Foxit Reader to open them. You can use it to copy text and paste to
a word processor.

However the protected files are there like that for a reason. They are
copyrighted, probably.

Don't think so - printing is allowed, so that doesn't prevent
photocopying. I did not want to copy them, just look at the data in
different way, ie via sorts and filters in excel to easier pick out the
trends I am looking for. Could do exactly the same with paper and
pencil, but its somewhat easier in a spreadsheet.

Phil