Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C

Default immersion thermostat still playing up

On 9 Jan 2006 12:19:30 -0800, "Russ"
wrote:

which I haven't done.

The old immersion was approx 32" with an 18" stat.

I bought a 27" immersion initially, which had an 18" stat.

The new immersion heater is 36" with an 18" stat.

I can't put any longer than that in there.

Does the safety stat always cut out before the adjustable one when
it's on maxium? If so set the adjustable one as follows:

Turn the adjustable one up to maxium and switch on immersion. Wait
until the safety stat cuts out.

Turn the adjustable one down and carefully listen for a click when the
contacts of the adjustable stat open.

Turn it down a little more. Reset the safety stat.

The adjustable stat should now be set so it opens just before the
safety stat. If the safety stat still cuts out just turn the
adjustable one down a bit more.

Once it works reliably without the safety stat cutting out mark the
position of the adjustable stat for reference.

cheers,
Pete.