Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default clear the block - anode will be dynamited!!!

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 03:06:29 GMT, "Jeff" wrote:

Any chance it's a left-hand thread? Surprised a pneumatic impact wrench
wouldn't do it. I remember a jammed lug nut on my car. The mechanic at the
station got the mother of all impact wrenches and said either the nut comes
off or the bolt snaps. Snapped the bolt. Turns out early Chrysler minivans
had poorly designed lug nuts/bolts where the threads easily got messed up.

Were they left-handed or just had bad threads?

If left-handed, did they have L's stamped or molded into ends of the
studs? They're supposed to, afaik. (My 50 Olds or 52 Hudson had the
studs marked like that.)

The dealer replaced all the bolts and the new ones were much better. Why do
I know? Thanks to having our roof replaced got several flats over the next
year due to roofing nails. The old shingles were removed so lots of stuff
fell into the yard etc. They were pretty good about using a magnetic rake,
but still I would find roofing nails on the driveway or yard occasionally.

Finally, an advantage to not having a driveway.

Guess I've digressed enough.

Happy 2006

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.