Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Dr. Hardcrab

Default Amana and Bryant's top of the line heatpumps?

" Ted Bunten" wrote in message
Thanks for helpful comments. Regardless of parent Corp, sometime a
companies top of line is good even though low end builder's grade is junk.
Also if there are identical units that are just badged differently, might
make sense to get less expensive badge. [understand product backing might
be
different]

For example, since Bryant owned by Carrier then Bryant's Evolution HP may
be
same as Carriers Infinity but at different price.

I thought there were some differences, but there aren't. We received quite a
few variable speed air handlers this past year that had the Braynt logo on
it. Carrier sent us a box of the Carrier ones to replace them (the plastic
logo, not the whole air handler).