Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Outdoor motion lights fail

I use a similar model, made by the same company and have found that the
photocell can "see" light through the front lens even when the p cell hole
is covered. Also I believe the bypass switch only works in the dark.

wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 04:03:10 GMT, "James B"
wrote:

I had installed one of the Home Depot motion detector lights about 3 years
ago and it worked fine until recently when all of a sudden it would not
come
on except in "TEST" mode. I assumed the circuits were dead so I went and
bought a new one with more or less the same features.

Well new one is installed and guess what, no lights except in test mode. I
can turn the light switch off/on several times which is suppose to force
the
light on, no go. Set it to 2 hr., 4 hr., no go. Set the sensitivity High,
Med, Low, no change. Seems nothing will make the light come on normally.

As far as background light goes it has not changed since the first unit
was
installed. I even placed my finger over the photocell to see if I could
force it "dark" but that made no difference either.

Suggestions?

Have you tried it at night? The photo cell takes a while to react.