Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

Default Goodman Heat Pump

"Kathy" wrote in message

"Bubba " ReMoVe wrote in
message
On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 04:04:55 GMT, CJT

wrote:

Bubba wrote:

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:32:20 GMT, WM

wrote:

Thank you Kathy. Great Answer.

Most hvac people hate goodmans because the

brand cuts so deeply into
their profits.
Goodman sells more units and with a better

warranty than any other
brand. Every goodman install means that much

less money for these
guys and their high priced, high profit items.
Goodman has had the best warrany in the field

for several years and
they stand by their warranty so anybody that

claims that goodmans are
junk are lying thru their teeth. Don't

believe anything they say.

WM

You're right. I love Goodmans. I wish everyone

single person in the
world had one. I would become rich quick.

Bottomless money pits is
what Goodmans are. I replace parts after parts

after parts on them.
Cha Ching.
Bubba

snip

Right. That must be why you spend so much time

bad-mouthing them.

I look at it this way. If they only cost half

as much as the model
you'd prefer to install, then they only need to

last half as long
to be cost-effective. Bottom line, it's all

economics.

In fact, the breakeven time is probably less

than half, because
if you replace one with new at the halfway

point, you're likely
to have improved technology for the second half.

CJT,
Are you really that retarted? So you think

installing a unit half the
cost, twice, is better? What about the installing

labor cost? Your
economics thinking is a little warped. If you are

purchasing Goodman
equipment wholesale and can get parts wholesale

and do your own
repairs then I can say, YES, Goodman would be a

good buy for you.
Personally, I wouldnt have a Goodman in my home.

Do I sell them? You
bet your ass I do. If someone insists on a cheap

install, Im happy to
help and they get a Goodman. Instead of them

getting the standard "One
year free service" by us they get the 90 day

warranty. Why? Because
its going to break. They want cheap, thats what

they get. You want
something better, I can do that too. The customer

is always right and
I give them what they want.
Bubba

You know,... you guys keep stressing how important
the installer is.
And then you only give a 1 year warranty on your
"better" line? Is it the equipment or your
installers that you don't trust? The company I work
for gives 5 years on Goodman. They(Goodman)
warranty the parts and I guess my boss just has
better guys doing installatons than you do because
he's not losing any money. Go figure. BTW, there
are exceptions to the warranty such as filters and
condensate pumps.

They give 5 years warranty on labor??? I find that hard to believe unless
they charge extra up front. We are pretty generous by giving 2 years. Parts
are 5 years, and then whatever the manufacturer offers (10 years on
compressor, limited lifetime on heat exchangers, etc.).