Dan Clingman

Default really cool project ..

High Grant,

Down in Auburn by the RR tracks the contractor is selling 48" Dia pipe
leftovers from the gas pipeline they just installed. Don't know the
price.

I just got back from Alaska and brought a cooler full of frozen salmon
and a case of smoked salmon. Good eats:-)

Dan Clingman

Grant Erwin wrote:

OK, I'm going to sound like a lovestruck baby, but I took a local
blacksmithing class this weekend (my first ever) and oh boy does
this open up a whole new vista! Anyway, this isn't a blacksmithing
plug. I'm now seriously into 3 things that I can see merging into
a really great project.

Cooking, machining, and blacksmithing. Barbecue/smoker, anyone?

Seems like there has *got* to be a to-die-for BBQ design out there
that you need to know about metal cutting/welding/propane orifices/
piping/forging/cooking to pull off right. Maybe electrical too if
the design had a rotisserie mode.

Anyone know of a really cool design? Maybe start with a leftover
chunk of Alaska Pipeline (well not that big, that stuff was 48"OD)
or some other pipe, put a perfect cut on it with a plasma cutter,
forge some really cool handles and stand, you get the idea.

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington