Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Kitchen Cabinets + Minwax Polyshades

"eternal" wrote in message
oups.com...

Snip

After taking the doors and drawers out and sanding them (first with 60
grit, then 150),

An improperly prepaired surface will make a stained finish look terrible.
You need to go from 60 to 80 to 100 to 120 to 150 and skip no grits.

Snip

Ditch the Polyshades. IMHO only good for painting. Yeah I know, Polyshades
is not a paint.

Try, a good brand first. May I suggest, General Finishes, Bartleys, Zar.

Also try a Gel stain. Wipe it on, IMMEDIATELY wipe it off.

Finish up with a varnish of your choice to protect the finish. Usually 3 or
4 coats.