Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John P.

Default Harbor Freight does it again...

On 9 Jan 2006 19:59:04 -0800, wrote:

I really had no intention of going over $450 with shipping, and was
thinking that a used machine from eBay was my best shot, but now I
wonder if I should save up some more and as a result have to wait a
while, or continue to look for a used(cheap) one so I can get started
on my projects which are way overdue. Anything approaching 200lbs would
have to be broken down and carried up a lot of stairs by one person,
piece by piece and then put back together. Is this plausible with
something like the Grizzly G0463?

Darren,

If you don't mind my asking, what are you going to use the milling
machine for?

Considering that the little HF Mini Mill works great for me, and a lot
of other folks, it makes me wonder if your application is going to be
so tolerance critical that you really need to spend a lot more money
and go through the pain of moving a heavier machine?

John P.