Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

Default PDF copy protected files - how to convert to txt

Douglas de Lacey wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:
Chris Hodges wrote:

Huge wrote:

A Google for "pdf2txt" or "pdf2text" would be informative. There are a
number of programs about that do exactly what you want.

The first few hits (when I tried it) respect the security options though.

The patch to xpdf/pdf2txt took me 2 min to write - having never seen the
source before.

Thus neatly making the topic relevant to uk.d-i-y -- well done:-)
(though posting as was possibly less clever)

Historical - userID was chosen when I was still using windows (3.11)