Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.home.automation
BruceR

Default Wall switch with 0%-10%-100% only?

Mark, It WILL work on ICON switches. Whoever you spoke to at Smarthome
fed you some bad info. I installed an ICON dimmer yesterday and it has
both local and remote preset dim and tapping the top half will bring it
to full bright. See details on pages 18 & 24 of this ICON manual:
http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/2876db.pdf
You can also program a different preset dim from each controller that
it's linked to.

From:Mark Thomas

With the Insteon and Icon SwitchLincs, you can program a preset dim
on-level (no computer required). Tap the top of the switch, and it
goes to that level. Tap the top again, and it goes to full on.

This will NOT work with Icon switches. I have confirmed this with
Smarthome.