Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Enoch Root

Default Victor Super-Range, a good deal?

Don Foreman wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 23:28:41 -0800, Enoch Root
wrote:
.

I've been using 5 and 25... but the manual says 5 and 20, though... next
time I'll try that and see if I'm still getting the aggressive flame.

Bingo. Those are cutting torch settings, not for rosebud or welding
tip. Start with 5 and 5, work your way up with torch valves wide open
until the torch almost blows out, then adjust from there with the
torch valves. My Smith, Meco and Marquette torches seem to like
same presssure on both gasses, but torches do vary.

I was coming to that while pondering why I couldn't get a decent flame
without a blowout. Thanks. I'll try it.

Reviewing my mistake: I was using pressures from a section of the
manual (and repeated in some notes that didn't specify the use) for
testing for leaks... boneheaded. Now looking further ahead, I find some
tables.

For welding tips the pressures are around equal... Thanks again.

er
--
email not valid