Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Jan Nielsen

Default OT - Stella

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 15:58:37 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

I'm OK in England, where there is enough traffic flowing to keep my mind
focused. When I get up into Scotland a bit, there are so few cars that I
forget what I'm supposed to be doing. The sheep don't help.

Well, there's another problem: Almost every scotsman seem to believe they
have the driving abilities of Colin McRae - and drive accordingly. A Scottish
friend of mine took us for a spin in the countryside. Full speed ahead, one hand
on the wheel, pointing out the landmarks: "Over there is where I wrecked the
Capri." "Tis' the corner I rolled the Escort." Between him and his wife they
probably wrecked more cars than I could count on my fingers. While we was
staying, his parents-in-law totaled their Rover when they met a flat-bed hauler
on a road stretch under construction. Luckily they got away with minor
injuries.

The Scottish are wonderful people, but it'll take a couple of single malts
before you fully relax in the traffic up there. g
--
- JN -