Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Default Furnace Fan "auto" vs "ON"

Patrick Cleburne wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

The only times I've left mine on "ON" were during parties in the winter
when I'd have many guests over. The body heat generated by each guest
is enough to raise the temperature of the room a few degrees above
normal, making the furnace not run at all. After 3-4 hours the main
floor where all the guests are becomes 2-4 degrees hotter than the rest
of the house, and the air starts getting a bit stuffy from all the
people and the lack of air circulation. Often the windows will start
to fog up from the extra humidity (from all the cooking, guests talking
and drinking, etc.)

...and it's really important to do that if you're serving a bean dish like
chili ;-)

Patrick

Uhh, chili isn't a bean dish, it is a green dish.