Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default clear the block - anode will be dynamited!!!

On 9 Jan 2006 15:54:07 -0800, wrote:

I can't break the 1 1/16" anode rod bolt loose on my 4-5 year old water
heater. Here's what I've tried:

Socket wrench - futile

I don't know about this case, but if it's hard to loosen something,
try tightening it and then loosening it.

Socket wrench & hammer - equally futile
Breaker bar - started moving the tank and bending the plumbing
Impact driver - the kind you hammer on - tinker toy
pnuematic impact driver - the kind the mechanics use to get tires off,
worthless
WD-40 - sprayed it on the bolt
welding torch - map gas to be exact, got it red hot and still wouldn't
budge

Better clear the block, unless you guys can post something soon, I'm
down to my last option which is dynamite.

Pokey

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.