Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default Plumbling: Header tank supplying bath?

Cranialstrain wrote:
As a complete novice in heating a plumbing I'm looking for some advice;

we've got major problems at the moment (seemingly only worsened by a
power flush) which I am trying figure out as I'm having no luck.

My first, and hopefully simply question, is: "Should the header tank be

supplying the cold water to the bath? ... or should it come straight
from the mains supply as per the en-suite showers, taps, etc?"

What is the "header tank"?

My second is: "If you have an indirect cylinder with a bleed value and
when bleeding - air constantly comes out (or nothing.. e.g. no pressure

and no water), does that indicate a problem with the cylinder?"

You've got a blockage.