Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody

Default Grandchild coming ... need suggestions / plans

W Canaday wrote:
I've already bought plans for a sled and a cradle for my first grandchild
(due in late spring). I figure to make the cradle first. She can use it
while I'm working on the sled. ;-)

Proud Grandpa? You bet!

What other suggestions do you have for stuff to make for my only (so far)
grandchild?

Congratulations Grandpa,

I have plans for a rocking horse that I never got around to building
for my own kids. Problem with rocking horses is that they require so
much room if the kid uses them.

I have a suggestion about the cradle. When we were expecting our
firstborn, I built a very nice hooded rocking cradle that sits on the
floor. The pictures of our kids in it are priceless as is the cradle
itself. However, it really didn't get much use because it was so low
that it required getting on hands and knees to get the baby in and out.
If I had it to do over again, I would build a swinging cradle that
sits fairly high off the ground.

DonkeyHody
"A poor workman quarrels with his tools." - American Indian Proverb