Posted to rec.woodworking
Oleg Lego

Default Centering router on table base

The George entity posted thusly:

"Oleg Lego" wrote in message
.. .
I am considering messing with one or two of the holes I drilled,
perhaps enlarging the appropriate holes to try to swing the centre
into alignment, or perhaps drilling another set of holes after
rotating the router a bit.

Pretty much standard installation to have oversize holes and pan-head screws
to allow centering in the counterbores. I wouldn't be ashamed of such an
installation.

Got it, George, thanks!

I ended up rotating the router a bit and drilling new (counterbored)
holes, then used pan-head screws. Chucked up a pilot bit, mounted a
guide bushing, and tightened everything up.
Worked like a charm, and I even have a few extra holes in the table
baseplate to remind me about tunnel vision. :-)

---
I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like
my grandfather, not screaming in terror,
like his passengers.