Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Jackson

Default Waiting for wood

Maybe a moisture meter will be a good addition to your tool collection? It
would help with knowing that the wood is acclimated. --dave

"Christopher Horner" wrote in message
I'm in Southern California and SWMBO has prodded me to stop acquiring
tools and gadgets, and start actually building something useful. In that
vein, I need to ask a question about wood and weather.

I understand that wood needs to 'acclimatize' when brought home, to
stabilize in other words. My question is where should I let it
acclimatize? In the workshop, which is an uncontrolled environment (read:
a detached garage with no HVAC), or inside the house where the finished
wood product (decorative face frame for cleated alcove shelves) will be
used?

Thanks,

Chris