Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Default OT - The Cost of War

"tonyp" wrote in message

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote

"Even taking a conservative approach, we have been surprised at how
large they are," said the study, referring to total war costs. "We can
state, with some degree of confidence, that they exceed a trillion
dollars."

Let's see: 25 million Iraquis. Spending $4 on each one equals $100
million. Spending $40 gets you to $1 billion. So, $1 trillion is $40,000
per "liberated" Iraqui.

Who says freedom is priceless?

Well, you could look at it the other way around. Using Bush's figure of
30,000 dead, that means it cost us over $30 million to kill each one.

There has to be a more productive way to do it.

--
Ed Huntress