Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default OT? - V8 Powered Chainsaw?

I thought the X11 software had utilities - but perhaps it was (wmv that is) enhanced
and Harvard didn't get out another R series.

[ hum - seems to me on my last machine - Soloris based there was a directory of X11 tools. ]
Maybe it was just ours - being X11 in the first place....

I used to use some neat GUI tools in the 80's and 90's. By 2000 I was with companies
that used PC's and a very few Suns - having shipped the odd HP's to the IT room.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

Christopher Tidy wrote:
DoN. Nichols wrote:

According to Spehro Pefhany :

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 18:49:55 +0000 (UTC), the renowned Christopher Tidy
wrote:

(i) I hate websites which require plugins. Why they can't just put a
link to a video file, let you download it and use whatever (decent)
player you want, I don't know. I also hate websites which don't
consider that their visitors might be using something other than
Windows and IE.

If you look at the source, the file name is right the-

http://y.wimp.com/file/7e261746224910aff46cb492da21b588/43c2af13/v/largestchainsaw.wmv

Yep -- "WMV" = "Windows MoVie". I don't know whether anyone has
yet written an open-source program to display those on various flavors
of unix.

Xine for Solaris plays the older version of WMV, but not the newer
version. Admittedly I have an old version of Xine, but I don't think I
can be bothered to upgrade for the sake of watching one video clip. I
wish people would just use AVI or MPG instead.

Chris