Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leo Lichtman

Default HF Bandfile

I just got a e-mail ad for Harbor Freight, and there is a MUST BUY item in
there (I'm not a shill.)

They list a bandfile for $20, with a 10% discount coupon to boot, making the
thing sell for $18. This appears to be built on the same frame as their
popular 4 or 5" grinders, but instead of a wheel, it uses a belt about an
inch wide and (maybe) 20" around.

I used to have a Black and Decker version of this, which cost a couple of
hundred bucks. I also have a Milwaukee version, which works very well,
which wasn't cheap, either. If you do much small steel fabrication by
cutting and welding, you will find this little tool extremely valuable.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/z.jsp?id=92158