DejaVU

Default so he has a point

Eastburn scribed in
:

Without a load, one doesn't want to generate G Watts - in fact
where does it go. The pop the lines and shut down the core.

hmmmm.... when my bike lamp disconnects from the alternator the
alternator happily spins and does nothing (-:
a voltage spike, but no current.... since it's not connected,it
doesn't matter.
but I guess big turbines are a different matter...

Gee haven't you ever been in a power house ? - been near ? I have
been and worked inside as a consultant.

nope, not been inside one. been inside one of the cooling water
ponds at the local steamplant which was shut down in the late 70's.
All machinery is gone, but the cooling ponds and pipework is still
around. 12 inch pipes iirc.... a friend of mine hired one of the
pump houses a a workshop for a while, pumps gone but floor still had
the mounting points and pipes in the walls....

about 130km from here is an emergency plant that has gas turbines
that would come online to power essential services for that big city.
their problemis that the thing was built 'outside town' but now town
has enveloped it, and the noise is scary when it runs and the people
complain.

Martin

--
swarf, steam and wind

--
David Forsyth -:- the email address is real /"\
http://terrapin.ru.ac.za/~iwdf/welcome.html \ /