Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default New Lithium-ion Batteries?

"Grunff" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

- with advanced stack scrubbers,

Scrubbers have nothing to do with efficiency

But it negates your pollution theory.

Electric cars are also brilliant and super quiet to drive. The only
thing
that will prevent this charge towards 100% electric is the vested
interest of auto and oil giants (who want to go hydrogen and fuel cell as
well) and lack of political will - and ignorance too. Interesting times
ahead and the
back of filthy agricultural diesels we may see for good.

You misunderstand me. I'm actually quite pro electric vehicles, with the
following provisos:

1. That the energy used to charge them doesn't come from fossil fuels

But cars can gradually kill us and wasting 75% of the energy in the tank?
What odd logic.

2. That the battery technology is significantly better than what we have
today

It is clear you know sweet FA about current and in the lab battery
technology.

We just aren't there yet.

WE ARE. That is the point. WE ARE. All it needs is the manfactuiring to
be en-mass and the charging infrastructure in place.

Electric cars simply don't make any sense today.

Do some reading.

They may in 10-20 years time, or not. Depends.