Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger

Default Is my gas meter electronic?

The message .com
from contains these words:

My gas meter was replaced about a year ago and I assumed it would have
been of the electronic type that could be read from outside the meter
box. However, my meter is in a locked external cupboard and whenever
the meter reader comes he always has to get access to read the meter.
Do the electronic meters still need a visual check - in which case what
use are they - or is it more likely that I don't have an electronic
meter?

I complained to my supplier 25 years ago and they provided me with a key
FOC. You need it so you can check the meter and complain about their
outrageously high estimated reading. :-)

--
Roger Chapman