Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Can I run drill off of car battery

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 13:07:07 -0600, (m Ransley)
wrote:

12 v is12 v you wont hurt anything , amperage is power used and

One measure of power is watts, and watts is amps x volts. So amperage
is only current. It's not a measure of power until the voltage is
factored in.

capacity. If it is 12v nicad . 12v nicads are dead at 12v, fully charged
at 13.5 per cell. So if it is a 10 cell 1.2v pack 12v is dead.and drill
will be slow at 12v. Fully charged car batteries are apx 13.4v, so keep

I agree with George. The charging voltage when the engine is running
is I think 13.4, but the fully charged battery I've always figured at
12.6v. That's, 2.1 volts for each cell.

battry charged and it will work fine. The original battery operated
drill had a separate pack, A fuse wont be necessary except for shorted
wiring. You could probably run it at 16 v or more. and not hurt
anything.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.